Prepare Quotes and send to clients?
- Go to “Income” tab and click it. Now you will see another “New Quotes” tab.
- Click this “New Quotes” tab.
- On the right hand side you will see a tab “New Quote” > click it.
- You will need to choose client from the drop down list. (All clients added in Add clients will show here).
- On right hand side you can add; Invoice number, Date of Invoice, PO number if applicable,
- Discount %age if applicable. If you have performed services for your client you can choose to
- enter information in Task Invoice part or if you sold some item to your client you can enter
- invoice information in Item part of the invoice.
- For Services/Task based invoice; Go to Task Part of Invoice and click the pull down menu at the bottom of task bar. Click on “Add new task” if existing task is not there. You can now add the name of “New task” (under task), “Notes or Description of work” (under time entry notes), “Hourly Rate” (under rate) and then click “Save Task”. When you enter hours, invoice will automatically calculate the total excluding GST. If you are registered for GST. Simply click n the GST dropdown and invoice will automatically calculate the GST applicable to the total.
- You can select NO GST if invoice has no GST.
- You can select ADD GST if you need to add GST to the amount.
- You can select INCLUDES GST if the amount you have entered already includes GST.
- For Item based invoice; Go to Item Part of Invoice and click the pull down menu at the bottom of Item bar. Click on “Add new Item” if existing item is not there. You can now add the “Item Name”, “Item Description”, “Unit Cost in AUD$” and “Quantity” and then click “Save Item”. When you enter quantity, invoice will automatically calculate the total excluding GST. If you are registered for GST. Simply click on the GST checkbox and invoice will automatically calculate the GST applicable to the total.
- For every additional task or item repeat the same steps. You can then enter Terms of invoice and other notes to the invoice at the bottom. Once invoice is ready you can either save the invoice by clicking “Save a Draft” or emailing the invoice directly to client by clicking “Send by Email”. Once you click “Send by Email” you will see an email format including (You can enter details to this message column, but please do not delete: invoice link: otherwise your client will not receive the invoice). Once you click “Send” you client will receive the invoice in their email immediately.